How to stop sweating & care for underarms
We love the feeling of beautifully cared for underarms, when our skin feels softer, smoother and more beautiful to touch. Keeping them protected and cared for means we can worry less about how to reduce sweating and spend more time enjoying those little things – like wearing that silk dress with confidence, sporting strappy tops in summer and feeling the sunshine on our skin. Bliss.
We’ve been thinking about how to control sweating and give our underarms the luxury care they deserve – leaving us free to feel pampered and relaxed all day long.
Here are our top tips:
- Nerves can bring on excessive sweating. Try to find little ways to relax each day – for us, it’s with a warm bubble bath or a cup of tea in our favourite mug
- Sweating too much could be a sign of hyperhidrosis and diaphoresis. It’s worth chatting to your doctor if you think this could be the case
- Exfoliate: by encouraging the turnover of softer skin and removing dead skin cells, exfoliating armpits once a week puts us on the right path to managing sweat
- Use an antiperspirant which protects against sweat and really cares for and protects your underarm skin
- Apply antiperspirant before bed. Because we sweat less at night, the ingredients inside our deodorant can absorb into the skin while we sleep. So we wake up with soft and beautifully smelling underarms
- Keep a spare deodorant in your handbag. Topping up throughout the day makes for a stress-free transition from morning meeting to evening cocktails
- Stay hydrated: drinking plenty of water helps to reduce sweating by keeping skin cleansed and fresh