How to cure dandruff
OK, we know dandruff can be embarrassing, but it’s also really common - it affects nearly half the world’s population at some point. Basically, it’s caused by excess oil on your scalp causing the skin cells to renew at an especially fast rate, producing those unsightly flakes. Not ideal. But don’t worry – here are some dandruff remedies to render you a flake-free zone.
What to do:
- The best dandruff treatment? Wash hair every day using a mild shampoo. We’d normally say this is a bad idea, but it will help clear away those oils we mentioned (and those pesky flakes).
- Lather, rinse, repeat. If there’s ever a time to follow this, it’s now! The first wash will break up the build-up on your scalp, and the second will clear it away
- Do not scratch. Just don’t. If your scalp feels itchy, sit on your hands and think about something else till the urge passes. Like cake
- If you’re a gym bunny, make sure you shower ASAP when you’re done: sweat will make it worse
- Try not to use hairspray, gels or mousse when styling your hair: they add to the build up
- Avoid too much styling – shiny, cared for hair is the best look anyway. Working a few drops of Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment into the lengths of dry hair will keep it glossy and sleek